Butler Built Edelbrock D-Port, 87cc, Hyd. Roller, Cylinder Heads, Fast-Burn CNC Chamber, Set/2 BPI-61575BP-2
Includes 2 Complete Heads
Edelbrock Performer RPM heads produce outstanding horsepower with excellent low-speed torque and throttle response. Designed for 1965-79 389-455 c.i.d. Pontiac engines. Two styles are available: a street legal 87cc combustion chamber version for low compression applications using 92 octane fuel and a 72cc chamber version for higher compression, racing applications.
BP has conducted extensive flow bench, dyno, and track testing with these heads, all resulting in great performance numbers. We have cylinder head packages for any application, from 7-second racecars to 8 & 9-second street cars and even daily drivers. Call for a cylinder head combo to fit your needs.
All BPI heads have polished chambers and the option for pushrod holes to be slotted for 1.65 rockers. All these heads use standard valve train components.
All BPI Edelbrock in-stock heads can be upgraded with roller springs, titanium retainers, milling, o-ringed, etc. for an additional price. Or, you may send your Edelbrock heads to BPI to be ported and upgraded for improved performance.
Additional Options available such as custom matched paint or logo removal
This item includes 2 complete heads.
- Cylinder Head Specifications:
- Combustion chamber volume: (A) 65cc / 72cc / 87cc
- Intake runner volume: 204cc
- Exhaust runner volume: 145cc
- Intake valve diameter: 2.11"
- Exhaust valve diameter: 1.66"
- Valve stem diameter: 11/32"
- Valve guides: Manganese bronze
- Deck thickness: 5/8"
- Valve spring diameter: 1.46"; 150lbs. @ 1.800" Inst. Height
- Valve spring maximum lift: .550"; 1.160" Coil Bind Open Pressure: 420 lbs @ .580"
- Rocker stud: 7/16"
- Guideplate: Hardended steel
- Pushrod diameter: 5/16"
- Valve angle: 14°
- Exhaust port location: Stock
- Spark plug fitment: 14mm x 3/4 reach, gasket seat
- Butler Performance
- Due to popular demand the Heads are custom built and ready in 12-15 weeks or less
- Item Requires Shipping
- 70.0 lbs.
- Free Shipping!
Total Reviews (1)
Reviewed by: Bryan01/14/2022 02:52PM
Product ownership: Less than 1 month
Purchased from: Butler Performance Inc.
I wanted to upgrade my street driven 428 to a set of E heads. With my goals and intended usage in mind, I wanted a little more than out-of-the-box but didn't really need or want to lose my port velocity with a full port. Chuck recommended Butler Built option. In addition to the standard work, I had them milled for 10.5 to 1 compression. These are heads for a Pontiac built by Pontiac people that know what they're doing. I'm completely changing everything about this engine, including a HR cam upgrade and Pro-Flo 4 EFI....so it's not up and running yet. The knowledge, advice and experience are irreplaceable. Thanks to all. By the way...these were at my door in under 3 weeks.
You must login to post a review.