Butler Performance/Edelbrock Hand Ported 72cc 290+CFM Aluminum D Port Pontiac Cylinder Heads (Pair) BPI-72cc-EDL-DPort-290
Includes 2 Complete Heads
Complete w/ Ferrea Stainless Steel Valves, Performance Valve Springs (Matched to Application), Chromoly Locks, Retainers, Locators & Viton Valve Stem Seals w/ ARP Rocker Studs & Guide Plates / Ready to Bolt On (+ COST OF UPGRADES)
These heads use the stock Pontiac D-Port exhaust port exits for use with standard D-port aftermarket exhaust systems. Performer Pontiac heads are designed for 1962-79 389, 400, 421, 428 and 455 cid V8 Pontiac engines. Can be used with 350 engine if 1.66 exhaust valves are used and block is clearanced (chamfers in top of cylinders). Manufactured with optimized oil return passages for improved flow. Features stock location accessory bolt holes. The casting is manufactured from A356 aluminum and heat treated to T6 spec for superior quality. These heads are available in three dual quench combustion chamber sizes, including 65cc, 72cc, and 87cc. The spark plug has been relocated closer to the exhaust valve for improved performance. Heat crossover is machined for 50-state emissions legal performance.
- 356 T6 Aluminum Casting; 5/8" thick deck
- Fully CNC Ported 72cc or 87cc Combustion Chamber
- D-Port exhaust flange accommodates original equipment exhaust manifolds, and aftermarket headers
- 195cc intake and 145cc exhaust ports as cast before porting.
- Angled spark plugs, relocated closer to exhaust valve
- Improved oil return passages
- Helicoil inserts in the exhaust and rocker stud threaded holes
- Ductile Iron, Interlocking Seat Inserts
- 2.11" intake and 1.77" exhaust valve sizes from Edelbrock
- Direct replacement capability; all OEM accessory bosses included
- Includes machined heat crossover passage.
- Stock valve cover location
- Latest high efficiency/fast burn combustion chamber design
All BPI heads have polished chambers and the pushrod holes are slotted for 1.65 rockers, included in the prices. All BPI heads come with 1.77 exhaust valves unless specified. All these heads use standard valve train components.
All BPI Edelbrock in-stock heads can be upgraded with roller springs, titanium retainers, milling, o-ringed, etc. for additional price. Or, you may send your Edelbrock heads to BPI to be ported and upgraded for improved performance.
Additional Options available such as custom matched paint or logo removal
Image shown is bare head only. This item includes 2 complete heads.
- Butler Performance
- Current estimated ship time is 12-15 weeks
- Item Requires Shipping
- 70.0 lbs.
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.