Edelbrock 72cc Aluminum D Port Bare Pontiac Cylinder Heads, Fast-Burn CNC Chambers, (Pair)EDL-61589-2
Pontiac 72cc D-PORT Edelbrock Heads - Bare Castings (Pair)
These heads use the stock Pontiac D-Port exhaust port exits for use with standard D-port aftermarket exhaust systems. Performer Pontiac heads are designed for 1962-79 389, 400, 421, 428 and 455 cid V8 Pontiac engines with a 4.060" or larger bore. Can be used with 350 engine if 1.66 exhaust valves are used and block is clearanced (chamfers in top of cylinders). Manufactured with optimized oil return passages for improved flow. Features stock location accessory bolt holes. The casting is manufactured from A356 aluminum and heat treated to T6 spec for superior quality. These heads are available in three dual quench combustion chamber sizes, including 65cc, 72cc, and 87cc. The spark plug has been relocated closer to the exhaust valve for improved performance. Heat crossover is machined for 50-state emissions legal performance.
- Cylinder Head Specifications:
- Combustion chamber volume: (A) 65cc / 72cc / 87cc
- Intake runner volume: 204cc
- Exhaust runner volume: 145cc
- Intake valve diameter: 2.11"
- Exhaust valve diameter: 1.66"
- Valve stem diameter: 11/32"
- Valve guides: Manganese bronze
- Deck thickness: 5/8"
- Valve spring diameter: 1.46"; 120lbs. @ 1.800" Inst. Height
- Valve spring maximum lift: .550"; 1.150" Coil Bind
- Rocker stud: 7/16"
- Guideplate: Hardended steel
- Pushrod diameter: 5/16"
- Valve angle: 14°
- Exhaust port location: Stock
- Spark plug fitment: 14mm x 3/4 reach, gasket seat
- Item Requires Shipping
- 70.0 lbs.
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.