Tremec 5 Speed TKX Transmission Kit, F-Body 1967-69 APO-COGM-F1F
TKX Street and Strip 5-Speed for GM, 600ft-lb constant load rated, unmodified, 26-spline input shaft, 4616 chromoly gears and shafts, one-piece counter shaft, brass cage bearings, new in box, full factory warranty, ratios: 2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1:1, .68od. Recommended for street and strip use and low rpm highway cruising.
Designed for electronic or mechanical speedometers (7-tooth). 600 ft.-lbs. torque capacity. Fits any GM 4 speed bell housing.
ProFit TKX installation kit combo for 1967-69 Firebird and TransAm
- Tremec TKX - 600ft-lb Constant Load Rated, 2.87 1st, .68OD
- AP Revolution Offset Shifter Mechanism - OE 4-speed shift positon
- X-Factor Cross Member - Modular aluminum, light weight, 1000hp certified, 3.5" Exhaust tube clearance
- Driveshaft Slip Yoke - 1330 Solid Yoke, Cryo Hardened Steel
- Mechanical Speedometer Conversion - Cable adapter compatible with OE cable
- VSS Wiring Harness - For electronic speedometer or fuel injection ECU
- Reverse Light Wiring - Weatherseal harness, non-polar
- Mount - ISO-X balistic mount, standard height
- Pilot Bearing - Roller steel, grease pre-pack (standard Chevy/Buick, LS and Pontiac/Olds included)
- Shift Knob - White w/black 5-speed pattern
- Hardware, Warranty and Instructions
No cutting required for installation, compatible with 4-speed bell housing. Requires 26-spline clutch disc (not included)
- Transmission Included:Yes
- Number of Gears:Five
- Input Shaft Diameter:1.125 in.
- Input Spline Quantity:26
- Output Shaft Spline Quantity:31
- Bellhousing Included:No
- Yoke Included:Yes
- Shifter Included:Yes
- First Gear Ratio:2.87:1
- Second Gear Ratio:1.89:1
- Third Gear Ratio:1.28:1
- Fourth Gear Ratio:1.00:1
- Fifth Gear Ratio:0.64:1
- Case Material:Aluminum
- Crossmember Included:Yes
- Crossmember Material:Aluminum
- Crossmember Finish:Natural
- Transmission Mount Included:Yes
- Transmission Mount Type:Polymer
- Transmission Tunnel Patch Included:No
- Pilot Bushing Included:Yes
- Pilot Bushing Material:Steel
- Pilot Bushing Type:Roller
- Speedometer Cable and Gear Included:No
- Backup Light Connector Harness Included:Yes
- Mounting Hardware Included:Yes
- Fabrication Required:No
X-Factor aluminum modular crossmember, 1000 HP certified, offers clearance for 3.5 in. diameter exhaust systems.
Install the trans and use the instructions we provide to get dimensions. Driveshaft Not included Contact American Powertrain or Local Driveshaft Shop.
Rated for up to 600ft. lbs. torque
Ships in 3-4 weeks
TKO Extreme- Rated at 950ft lbs of torque
This includes upgraded components that move the ft lb rating from 600 to 950 to handle Butler Performance high torque/high HP engines. Also includes Cryo traetment. The Cryo Treatment is a process of taking the transmission apart and freezing the gears and inner components and warming them up and refreezing them as this is done is makes the internals hardens which with a few other upgrades we do makes the transmission capable of holding 950 hp/tq to the wheels unlike the stock transmission which will only hold 600 hp/tq.
White Lightning Shifter Upgrade- SHWL-10100
White Lightning Shifter Mechanism, TKO, independent adjustable spring bias for improved centering.
American Powertrain Guarantee
BEST TRANSMISSIONS IN THE INDUSTRY
Manufactured by TREMEC, the world’s largest RWD manual transmission company, in vertically integrated and fully automated facility.
All shift linkage internally housed and lubricated for clean shifts and no binding.
High alloy gears, wide shaft spacing and advanced synchronization.
Quick shifts and big power ratings.
Great cruising RPMS – 18% to 50% drop in highway RPMS.
INCREASED FUEL ECONOMY
30-50% better than stock, on average.
90-days from TREMEC, extended to 2-years by American Powertrain.
- American Powertrain
- Item Requires Shipping
- 140.0 lbs.
- Free Shipping!
- This item ships in its own box.
Total Reviews (1)
Reviewed by: Sean09/15/2020 06:46AM
Product ownership: Less than 1 month
Purchased from: Butler Performance Inc.
Amazing transmission, super smooth shifting and firm confident engagement. The installation was fairly straight forward and self explanatory - however, the instructions were incredibly vague and bagged part numbers were not labeled in a manner that identifies their intended use. A chart in the instructions listing the bag part number and their use would be helpful. Look up SST's directions, they are much more thorough.
You must login to post a review.