Butler Performance Custom Short Block Kit, 400 Block, 434-494 cu. in. (Unassembled)
- Customized Butler Performance Short Block
- Option to send us your block
- Choose Bore Size, Stroke, Crank, & Rod
- Choose 4.000" to 4.500" Stroke
- Create a custom package tailored to you
- All short blocks undergo the "Butler Process"
434-494 CI short block kit
Complete Internally Balanced longrod rotating assembly &
high-performance prepped block
- 4.000", 4.210", 4.250", or 4.500" stroke cast or forged crank (4-Bolt Billet Mains Caps recommended for 4.5" stroke)
- Internally Balanced
- Ross Racing Pistons (Bore 4.155 - 4.181 440 grams)-Flat Top (Dish or Dome/additional charge)
- H-Beam Rods
- File fit rings
- Performance Rod bearings
- Performance Main bearings
- 400 Performance Prepped Block
- sonic tested
- completely deburred
- bored and honed with torque plate
- line honed with ARP main studs
- deck squared
- cam bearings and brass freeze plugs installed
- ready to assemble
- Can be upgraded with various options
Included reusable engine cradle
Images for display purposes only and could show optional parts. Contact us for a custom quote for your application and specifications
|400 Block||Head cc w/-8cc Flat top|
|Click here to use our compression calculator to calculate compression with thicker head gaskets, decked block, or other variables.|
Total Reviews (1)
Reviewed by: Luke01/11/2018 08:48PM
Product ownership: Less than 1 month
Purchased from: Butler Performance Inc.
Took about 6 weeks for machining to be done and arrive at my address. Shipped on a pallet inside a wooden cage and wrapped in plastic. Inspection was flawless.
Block came bare. ALL plugs on engine were removed for cleaning. Freeze plugs on sides of block were put back in by Butler but all galley plugs came uninstalled so that I could inspect the oil galleries myself. Coolant drain plugs came as Petcock valves.
Rods needed to be assembled to the pistons. Cam bearings were installed by Butler along with dipstick tube. All clearances were well within spec. I opted to have them paint the block. Looks great and even sent the leftover paint with engine kit.
Kit met all of my expectations and am very happy that I decided to have the Pontiac experts at Butler to do the machine work on my 400.
You must login to post a review.
May We Suggest
Powered by Web Shop Manager.
We are here to help. Click here to email us with questions about this product