Tremec 6-Speed Magnum T56 Close Ratio GM Transmission (Trans Only) BPI-TRANS-TUET-11009
The kingpin of TREMEC's high performance line-up, the T-56 Magnum double-overdrive 6-speed transmission takes the very best from TREMEC's current OEM technologies and pairs it with the most popular features of the TKO 5-speed.
Able to withstand a massive 700 lb-ft. of torque while providing unbelievably crisp shifts, no other manual transmission on the planet offers as much combined strength, versatility, and general ease-of-use as the T-56 Magnum.
Known in its original equipment form as the 'TR-6060', the Magnum is an aftermarket version of the same transmission found in many of today's most celebrated factory super cars – including the ZR1 Corvette and ACR Viper – giving you refinement where you want it and strength where it counts.
- The aftermarket's premier 6-speed performance manual transmission
- 700 lb-ft. of torque capacity
- Reasonably light at 135 lbs. dry
- Multiple shifter locations & dual speedo pickups for unmatched versatility
- Choice of two different gear ratio sets (2.66 or 2.97), with unique double overdrive ratios
- Incredibly short, extremely low-effort shift throws, with crisp, precise engagement
- Modern OE supercar technology for the ultimate pro-tourers, road-racers, and more.
|Application||Part #||Engine||Torque Capacity
|Clutch Type||Speedo Type||Spline Count
Input / Output
|GM||TUET11012||LS||700||No||Hyd||Mech/Elec||26 / 31||2.66||1.78||1.30||1.00||.80||.63||2.90|
- Butler Performance
- Now ships in 2-3 business days
Total Reviews (1)
You must login to post a review.
Reviewed by: Stephen07/22/2018 11:03PM
Product ownership: Less than 1 year
Purchased from: Butler Performance Inc.
Upgraded my 72 Firebird Muncie 4 speed to the T-56 6 speed Tremec. Called the Butler team and they sent me a complete install kit with the Tremec transmission. The swap went extremely well with all there parts. Kit included everything like the bell housing, hydraulic clutch, crossmember, speedo cable, ect...,. I was concerned that the Tremec 6 speed was too big for the trans tunnel but not so ! I did have to trim for the shifter hole a small amount and have my drive shaft shortened. After a little help from the guys I found out that the Tremec " close " ratio is a match to the Muncie " wide " ratio. I'm running a 3:90 rear gear and the new overdrives are like having air conditioning for the first time ! Caint believe I waited so long !