Flowkooler Pontiac 11-Bolt 1969 1/2-79 Hi-Volume Aluminum Water Pump w/ Billet Aluminum Impeller BRW-1649
Pontiac 11-Bolt 1969 1/2-77 Hi-Volume Flowkooler Aluminum Water Pump w/ Billet Aluminum Impeller w/ New Impeller Design
Flowkooler water pump 1649 features 16 precision machined blades, an integrated shroud and a military-grade anodized finish. With the increased vane count we have divided the flow and therefore divided the workload thus improving pump efficiency, conserving valuable horsepower and reducing cavitation. With a substantial reduction in the impeller-casting clearance, we are able to achieve greater flow rates, higher head pressure and higher system pressure. Reducing the clearance between the vanes and backing plate helps to increase system pressure and reduce the onset of hot spots on cylinder walls and formation of steam pockets in the water jacket. Most importantly, by increasing the flow rate at slower speeds and idle, our pump helps knock the temperature down and keep your Goat cool.
From 0-3,300 RPM…Nothing Beats a FlowKooler!
|Type of Material of Pump Body||Aluminum|
|Number of Blades on Impeller||16 CNC Aluminum|
|Direction of Rotation||CW|
|Fan Hub Working Height||4 1/2"|
|Inlet Outside Diameter||N/A|
|Other Special Features:|
|Parts Contained in Box:|
Reducing the gap between the backing plate and the impeller
Pontiac owners have reported that (1) heat cycling may result in a distortion the backing plate and (2) coolant degradation may corrode the backing plate necessitating replacement. Some aftermarket plates may have a deeper dome and incremental cooling gains may be experienced by reducing the backing plate-to-impeller vane clearance. In closing the impeller-to-plate gap pressure is built, efficiency is achieved and more coolant will route to the thermostat and radiator which initiates the engine cooling process. Please note that inadequate clearance that results in an impeller vane to backing plate interference will cause friction. Owner modifications to the Pontiac part design are performed at the owner's discretion and FAILURE TO MAINTAIN ADEQUATE CLEARANCE WILL VOID WARRANTY.
*Note: Do not buy this pump for the 1969 400 with Water Pump casting #9796351. The 1969 400 pump measures 4" and the correct pump is 1647CI
- Cooling System Components - Water Pumps and Conversion Kits - Water Pumps
- Crate Engines and Builder Kits - Build Yours Like Butler - 500hp+ Pontiac EFI Muscle Car Engine on Pump Gas
- Crate Engines and Builder Kits - Build Yours Like Butler - 500hp+ Pontiac Carbureted Muscle Car Engine on Pump Gas
- Crate Engines and Builder Kits - Build Yours Like Butler - 600hp+ Torqstorm Supercharged Engine
- Crate Engines and Builder Kits - Build Yours Like Butler - 700hp+ 535ci Pump Gas Engine w/ IAII Cast Block
- Crate Engines and Builder Kits - Build Yours Like Butler - 700hp+ 535ci Pump Gas Engine w/ IAII Aluminum Block
- Item Requires Shipping
- 8.0 lbs.
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.